Occupational and Health Protection
- © Pixabay
You can get information and advice on all matters related to occupational and health protection from the University Physician Service and the Safety Services and Environmental Protection Department (Sicherheitstechnische Dienste und Umweltschutz, SDU).
Besides this, with the assistance of Human Resource Development & Continuing Education, the SDU offers more courses on occupational, environmental, and health safety.
The task of the University Physician is to maintain and promote the health of the staff. The University Physician Service advises you on all questions related to occupational and health protection. For example, attention is given to:
- Design and set-up of work stations (ergonomics)
- Physical, chemical, and biological effects and maintenance of corresponding protective measures
- Design, selection, and use of work equipment
- Organization of work processes, procedures, and time
- Use of personal protective equipment
Employees have the opportunity or the obligation, depending on the health dangers posed by the work, to take advantage of preventive care for occupational medicine. The content and results of the occupational medicine consultation and preventive care are subject to doctor-patient confidentiality.
Safety Services and Environmental Protection
The safety experts and environmental representative in the SDU department offer support on questions related to occupational safety, environmental protection, and fire and radiation protection.
The SDU team’s goal and task is to
- maintain the high standards of occupational safety, health protection, and environmental protection at the TU Berlin,
- continue to improve these areas, and
- implement them as a cross-cutting issue in all processes.
Health protection plays a key role for the SDU. They also support the implementation of the valid labor, environmental, and health regulations for the entire university.